DiscountPlus® Terms and Conditions
Rules for the DiscountPlus® Program
Important: The following provisions form the basis of the DiscountPlus® Program (the “Program”). These provisions are intended to protect you, the members of the DiscountPlus® Program, and Discount Plastic Bags and Packaging, LLC. Your participation in the DiscountPlus® Program will be governed by these provisions, and it is your responsibility to read and understand all of them. For more information, contact Discount Plastic Bags or visit the DiscountPlus® home page at discountplasticbags.com/loyalty. Any reference herein to DPB or DP shall be deemed to also refer to Discount Plastic Bags and Packaging, LLC and DiscountPlus® respectively.
1. Membership and benefits in the DiscountPlus® Program, including the Elite Status Program, (also the “Program”) are offered at the discretion of Discount Plastic Bags and Packaging, LLC, and DPB has the right to terminate the Program and/or the Elite Status Program or to change the terms and conditions, rules, regulations, policies and procedures ("Program Rules"), benefits, conditions of participation or purchase levels, in whole or in part, at any time, with or without notice, even though changes may affect the value of the points or certificates already accumulated. 1a. DPB may, among other things, withdraw, limit, modify or cancel any award; increase the points, cash required, applicable co-pays or number of certificates required for any award; modify or regulate the transferability of awards or benefits; add an unlimited number of blackout dates; or limit the number of awards available for any or all methods of redemption. Members, in accumulating points or certificates, may not rely upon the continued availability of an award or award level, and members may not be able to obtain all offered awards or use awards for all DPB products or other redemption items.
2. Membership and participation in the Program is subject to any Program Rules that DPB may, at its discretion, adopt from time to time. The terms of the Program Rules control your membership and participation in the Program and no covenants at law or in equity shall be implied or incorporated. DPB has the sole right to interpret and apply the Program Rules. Any failure to follow Program Rules, any abuse of Program privileges, any violation of law, rule or regulation, any conduct detrimental to the interests of DPB, any fraudulent activity or attempted fraudulent activity, or any misrepresentation of any information furnished to DPB or its affiliates by any member, or anyone else acting on the member's behalf, may result in the termination by DPB of such member's membership, including future participation, the loss or cancellation of accrued points, certificates, awards or benefits, or both, or the loss of other Program benefits. Terminated members shall not be eligible to participate in any aspect of the Program, and members whose accounts have been terminated shall not be eligible to enroll with new accounts, even if DPB’s shopping cart software indicates otherwise.
3. DPB reserves the right to audit any and all DiscountPlus® accounts at any time to ensure compliance with the Program Rules, without notice to the Program member. During the course of an audit or investigation a member's account information may be shared with any third party with whom DPB has contracted to assist in performing such audit or investigation. In the event that an audit reveals discrepancies or possible violations, DPB may delay the processing of award redemption requests, cancel any outstanding award redemptions, withhold statements or suspend the DP account of a member pending completion of the audit. While the account is suspended, the member may continue to accrue points in the account, but no points redemptions or other transactions will be permitted and any outstanding award redemptions will be cancelled. Cancelled award redemptions must be surrendered to DPB upon DPB's request. Upon completion of the audit, if a discrepancy or violation has been determined by DPB or third party auditors, in addition to any other remedies described herein, points may be removed from the account of the member to remedy such discrepancy or violation with or without notice to the member.
4. Each member shall be responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to the Program Rules and the amount of points in such member's account. DPB shall attempt to advise active members of various matters of interest through such means as may be appropriate, such as account summaries, emails, newsletters and its website, but DPB shall have no liability for any failure to do so. DPB will not be responsible for correspondence lost or delayed in the mail. Each member shall be responsible for advising DPB in writing of any change of address, and DPB shall have no liability for misdirected mail or any consequences thereof. The most current Program Rules may be found on discountplasticbags.com/discountplus and this is the final authority on the Program Rules.
5. The accumulation of points or certificates and the redemption of awards are subject to specific Program Rules enacted by DPB. Each member is responsible for reading those materials in order to understand such member's rights and responsibilities under the Program. No points, benefits, certificates or awards earned or granted under the Program may not be transferred or assigned except as expressly permitted by DPB in writing or under programs fully authorized and/or sponsored by DPB.
6. The DiscountPlus® Program is maintained for the benefit and participation of individual or business members only. Only individuals and businesses are eligible for DP membership, and each individual or business member may maintain only one account in the Program. Duplicate accounts in the Program will be subject to cancellation and only the applicable credited points, excluding any enrollment or other bonus, will be transferred to any remaining account. Only one member may be enrolled per Program account. Program membership account numbers are nontransferable. Only the member named on the account will be entitled access to account information. Account information is DPB's proprietary information and members may access information only for the purpose of obtaining information about their account. No member may delegate or grant access (via power of attorney, contract, or otherwise) to a third party. Account information may be reproduced for use by the applicable member but must contain copyright and proprietary notices and redistribution in any way requires DPB's written permission.
7. Accrued DPB and certificates do not constitute property of the member and are not transferable other than as authorized and/or sponsored by DPB.
Prohibition of sale or barter
8. The sale or barter or attempted sale or barter of any such points, certificates, awards or benefits other than as authorized and/or sponsored by DPB is expressly prohibited. Any points, certificates, awards or benefits transferred, assigned or sold in violation of the Program Rules, in addition to exposing the member to the penalties otherwise associated with violations, may be confiscated or canceled. The use of award redemptions that have been acquired by purchase, barter or other conduct in violation of Program Rules may result in termination of membership, cancellation of accrued points, certificates, awards or benefits, confiscation of the reedemed items, denial of shipping with respect to the purchaser, and, at DPB's discretion, completion of the transaction only upon payment of an applicable price.
9. Any member who has failed to earn points for a calendar month may, at DPB's option, be excluded from receiving newsletters, statements, correspondence or other materials, including notifications of Program changes or special promotions, until the next quarter in which such member earns points.
10. Any member who fails at any time to engage in account activity for a period of twenty four (24) consecutive months is subject to termination of such member's membership and/or forfeiture of all accrued points and benefits as of the last day of the 24th month. Activity includes (without limitation) earning points on discountplasticbags.com or earning or redeeming points with a DiscountPlus® partner (as defined in Rule 12), redeeming points for purchases or other products, buying points or transferring points.
11. "Account Activity", for purposes of these rules, shall be deemed to occur when a member accrues points in such member's account in any manner as outlined and set forth in these Rules, or as otherwise approved by DPB, or when the member redeems any DiscountPlus® or partner award by the use of points in the member's account. In cases where points are for any reason removed from an account, as for example the redemption of an award, and there is a subsequent cancellation of the award or removal of points and a return of the points to the member's account, the cancellation of the award or removal and return of the points to the account shall not qualify as "Account Activity."
12. The DiscountPlus® Program "partners" may include other entities who offer products or services as awards in the Program and who permit the accrual of points to members who utilize their products or services. The partners are independent entities, and DPB is not responsible for the nature or quality of products or services provided by those partners, nor for any solicitation efforts by those partners. Points accrual offered to Program members for utilizing a partner's product or service can vary based upon the type of membership and details on specific partner offers are as published.
13. DPB shall have no liability for partner withdrawals from the Program or for award changes or cancellations caused by partner withdrawals, discontinued DPB or partner service, or award or points accrual cancellations for any other reason. DPB may change the amount of points required for partner offers or awards or impose other restrictions upon the use of partner offers or awards, with or without notice.
14. Terms and conditions for awards redeemed with DP partners are determined by our individual partners.
16. Points will be accrued in such member's DiscountPlus® account only when the member avails themselves of the means of accrual recognized under the Program. Members may not accrue points for the utilization of services by anyone other than themselves, whether packaging materials or otherwise, except to the extent that points may be earned for purchases made through authorized debit or credit cards or as expressly allowed under the applicable DiscountPlus® partner's offer.
16a. DPB, in its sole discretion, may permit DP individual members to credit points earned for purchases on other vendors’ web sites to their individual DiscountPlus® accounts, and other vendors or entities may, by agreement with DPB, permit their program members to credit to their accounts points earned for purchases on DPB. In such cases, unless otherwise expressly provided, such points may be credited in only one loyalty program.
17. Members must supply a PIN and/or password when conducting certain transactions in writing, by phone or on the Internet for security or other purposes. A PIN and/or password may be required to make purchases, redeem points, change address and other services. Members are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their PIN and password, as applicable. DPB is not responsible for stolen PINs or passwords and will not re-credit points for redemptions using the member's PIN or password.
18. Points can be accrued only after the member's official enrollment date, and can be applied only to the member's account.18a. In the case of packaging purchases, points will be credited only for purchases actually purchased by the member. and any returned items will have the appropriate number of points deducted from the member’s account upon DPB’s acceptance of and credit for returned items. Such points will be credited in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Program in effect at the time of shipment, not at the time that the items were purchased, ordered or scheduled. Points credit will not be awarded for canceled or refused orders. DPB expressly reserves the right to establish additional means of accruing points, to delete or modify any or all of the means currently recognized or to exclude specific types of transactions or specific items from the accumulation of points, in each case, with or without notice.
19. Points for packaging materials and/or equipment may be accrued only for paid orders which are received and accepted without any return or other reason for credit.
20. If DPB or any DiscountPlus® partner improperly denies a member an accrual or benefit, liability will be limited to the equivalent of that accrual or benefit.
21. Elite Status bonus points, if any, will be credited according to the member’s status at the time of shipment, and will not be credited on any prior eligibility.
22. Points will not be credited for the value paid by award redemption, including purchases made as DP awards and items purchased using a combination of points and money; on orders placed using industry reseller pricing; or on purchases made subject to any accumulation of DiscountPlus® credit. In addition, some prices or items, including those sold vi a third party, at DPB's discretion, may be excluded from eligibility for points accrual.
23. Only the member associated with the DP account number which is used with partner transactions may receive points credit for partner services.
24. DPB reserves the right to make bonus points and promotional offers by DPB, discountplasticbags.com, bolsasplasticasonline.com or DiscountPlus® partners selectively available to certain members at any time, based on purchase activity, geographic locations, Program participation, or other factors determined at DPB's sole discretion.
25. DPB will, in most cases, credit its members' accounts with accrued points. However, each member shall have the responsibility to ensure that such member's points are properly credited. Where a member contends that points have been earned but not credited, or in cases where DPB deems verification is required, DPB reserves the right to require proof of accrual from the member, including but not limited to copies of acknowledgements, payment receipts or tracking information for purchases claimed to have been made or copies of receipts or similar documentation verifying any transactions claimed to have been performed. Any claims for points by the member and proof of accrual must be received by DPB within twelve months after the date such point earning activity was claimed to be earned. Certain partners may have valid retro-credit claim periods that differ. Please check www.discountplasticbags.com/discountplus for details.
25a. Each member shall have the responsibility to notify DPB of any erroneous or fraudulent points deduction from such member's account within two (2) months of the date of the deduction. DPB will review such member's claim and reserves the right to require proof, documentation or certification from such member during the review. Crediting back to such member's account the points claimed to be erroneously deducted will be determined by DPB in its sole discretion after review and DPB's decision will be considered final.
26. Points accrued in a member's account shall be maintained in the account until it is redeemed for an award or until it expires, whichever occurs first.
27. Points accrued shall only be subject to expiration on the last day of the twenty four (24) months after the last account activity in the member's account. Activity includes purchasing items from DPB or one of our partners, using your DiscountPlus® credit card and more (see rule 10). In cases where points are for any reason removed from an account, such as for the redemption of awards, and later returned, the return of the points to the account shall not count as account activity.
28. The awards available to be redeemed and the number of points necessary to redeem each award will be set by DPB and published to the members. DPB shall establish the process for award redemption, but redemption shall basically mean the exchange of points in a member's account for a specified award.
29. Awards may, at the request of the member, be issued by DiscountPlus® in the name of the member or in the name and for the use of any other person. Such awards will be issued only after a member validates their account via use of PIN, password or other security measures that DPB has in place at the time of the award request.
30. Points earned in two or more different accounts may not be combined to redeem any award.
31. Redemptions of any non-DPB awards will be subject to the additional terms and conditions associated with redemption of the applicable award, including any terms or conditions established by the provider of any such non-DPB award.
32. After an award is redeemed, a service charge may be imposed for each change requested by the member that necessitates the reissuance of the award. Service charges will be established by DPB at its sole discretion.
32a. After any award is issued, a service charge may be imposed for each change requested by the member, which necessitates the reissuance, additional shipping, adjustment or cancellation of the award.
33. Award purchases, gift card awards, partner awards and certificates may be subject to applicable sales taxes, federal withholding, other fees, charges or taxes, and the person utilizing the award is responsible for the payment of any such items that may apply.
34. Any valid unused award instrument may be returned to DPB for a service charge. The points used to redeem the award will be credited to the member's account and be subject to expiration (see rules 10 and 27). When a purchase is made or partner award is redeemed but then is subsequently cancelled or returned in accordance with the Program's applicable rules at that time, recrediting of the member's award points taken in connection therewith may be subject to a service charge. Any return of points to the account shall not constitute account activity. For purposes of clarification, some awards may not be eligible for recredit of points and will so state.
35. The award structure is subject to modification, cancellation or limitation at DPB's discretion, with or without notice. The number of points required to redeem any award may be substantially increased, any award may be withdrawn, and restrictions on any award or its redemption may be imposed at any time. 35a.The accumulation of points does not entitle Program members to any vested rights with respect to any awards or the Program. Awards for purchases shall be valid only to destinations served both at the time of the issuance of the award and at the time of shipping, and neither DPB nor its partners shall be liable for schedule changes that result in the cancellation of service to any destination. If a member fails to comply with any published award rules for DPB purchases, at DPB's sole discretion, such member may be accommodated with a different product than originally selected, required to pay additional shipping charges, denied fulfillment, or be subject to other action as provided herein, and such member will not be entitled to compensation in connection with any such action.
36. Changes will not be allowed on special promotional offers, gift cards or products; industry discounts or items with special promotional pricing.
37. Membership and participation in the DiscountPlus® Program may be prohibited or restricted in some countries. Nothing in these Rules should be read to override or circumvent any such foreign laws.